1. General Questions and Replies with regards to Control Valves
● What is an inlet pressure pv (p1)?
● What is an outlet pressure ph (p2)?
● What is the differential pressure Δp?
● What is a pressure drop?
● Why is the flow velocity so important?
● What is the pressure setting range?
What does Kvs value mean?
For engineering a necessary Kv value is calculated on basis of the given operating conditions. At Mankenberg and in general an allowance of 30 % is added. The Kv value of the valve should reach this Kvs value.
What is an inlet pressure pv (p1)?
The inlet pressure indicates the pressure in the system upstream of the valve.
What is an outlet pressure ph (p2)?
The outlet pressure indicates the pressure in the system downstream of the valve.
What is the differential pressure, Δp?
The differential pressure defines the pressure difference between inlet pressure and outlet pressure. If pressure ranges are given, the smallest pressure difference is relevant with regards to valve design.